NEWS RELEASE FROM IANR NEWS SERVICE, UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA
— UNL’s CASNR Announces 2011-2012 Ambassadors
Oct. 12, 2011
LINCOLN, Neb. — The University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources appointed new student ambassadors for the 2011-2012 academic year.
The ambassadors were chosen through an application and interview process and serve one to three years. The seven ambassadors are:
– Kristin Witte, Scribner, Neb. agricultural education
– Brooke Grossenbacher, Overland Park, Kan., food science and technology
– Ethan Smith, Eustis, Neb., agricultural economics
– Colton Knickman, Syracuse, Neb., mechanized systems management
– Ashley Bernstein, Elkhorn, Neb., food science and technology
– Katina Talley, Friend, Neb., food science and technology
– Jill Petersen, Burwell, Neb., agricultural education
The ambassadors will create awareness of agricultural sciences and natural resource programs/careers, said Laura Frey, UNL college relations director.
In addition, they will recruit for the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources through campus and outreach activities. They also will promote CASNR and UNL and meet with prospective students and provide tours of UNL’s East Campus.
For more information about the CASNR ambassador program, visit casnr.unl.edu/ambassadors. Applications for the 2012-2013 academic year will be available in January 2012.