The Nebraska Pork Producers Association is pleased to sponsor four $500 scholarships to recognize outstanding college-aged students involved in the pork and agriculture industry. Scholarships will be awarded to students who intend to pursue a career in the pork or related industry.
To be eligible you must:
- Be an undergraduate student, enrolled in a swine program or college of agriculture at a two or four-year academic institution in Nebraska. Previous scholarship recipients are eligible to participate in this essay contest.
- Write a brief letter that explains the role you see yourself having in the pork industry after graduation.
- Write an essay 2,000 words or less that responds to one of the following issues affecting the pork industry. In your essay, please explain what the issue means, how it could positively and/or negatively affect the pork industry, and share potential solutions to the issue. The attached PDF “Trends to Watch” from the January 2010 issue of the Pork Business Journal should be a great resource and starting point for your writing.
- Submit one letter of reference from a current/former professor or industry professional.
Prepare a cover sheet.
- Mail the above items in a single envelope to:
To read the complete Scholarship Criteria please click here.